A win over Kien Giang helped The Vissai Ninh Binh officially avoid relegation

Posted On 20/12/2013

With 3 points in home field in Round 20 V-League, The Vissai Ninh Binh officially avoided relegation

Một pha tấn công của đội chủ nhà T.V Ninh Bình.

An attack of the home team T.V Ninh Binh.

Before the match, the home team The Vissai Ninh Binh had 19 points after 19 rounds, standing penultimate position on the charts. On this round, the home team must play with Kien Giang, the bottom ranked team, their direct competitor for the competition of relegation and only behind the home team 1 win only. In this battle, Coach Nguyen Van Sy would be very difficult to solve in the relegation only 2 rounds. With the away team Kien Giang, a defeat almost put them play in the First Division next season.

With such characteristics, the match became very tense right from the start. With nothing left to lose, the away team Kien Giang played attack game right from the first minutes to put high pressure on the home team. Fortunately, no further goals were scored for the away team.

After the first minutes being dominated by the opponent, the home team started to organize quite coherent attacks. After 18 minutes, the home team were awarded with a free kick through the fence and Dinh Van Ta passed the ball to Omoduemuke to put a header into Kien Giang net. However, the goal was not recognized by the referee due to offside position. After 23 minutes, the ball once again flied into Kien Giang net after a strong finish of Le Van Duyet, who was also in the offside position. Only 2 minutes after such situation, Moussa was face to face with Kien Giang’s goalkeeper, yet his shot hit Tran Quoc Viet’s position …

There were many easy situations but the home team’s players just unfortunately missed them. In order to further strengthen the attack, after 35 minutes, Coach Nguyen Van Sy decided to release key striker Timothy and immediately the home team’s strength created a lot of differences.

Right from the start, after the first touch, Timothy bombarded down the left, then had a clear pass to Moussa to comfortably finish and score the openings 1-0 for the home team.

With one goal to unfreeze the deadlock, the home team started to play with more excitement. With good strength, Timothy continued to create troubles for Kien Giang’s defense. However, no more goal was score although there were some dangerous chances at the end of the first half due to the individual play .

In the second half, the home team still dominated and created many situations which should have turned into goals but were missed by strikers. Timothy unfortunately shot over the crossbar when facing goalkeeper Quoc Viet. Moussa had 2 situations facing the away team’s goalkeeper but his shots just were not turned into goals.

The away team Kien Giang also made a lot of attacking efforts in the second half but no goal was scored except for Suleiman’s shot that hit the crossbar of the home team after 58 minutes.

The score 1-0 in favor of the home team was kept until referee Nguyen Van Thu blew whistle to finish the match. With this victory, The Vissai Ninh Binh was certainly relegated.

Articles, photos: MQ

About the Author